The first date is not just about restaurants and movies. Here are some great first date ideas starting with the very cheap, moving through the more expensive right through to the extravagant, for when you win the lottery!
Inexpensive date ideas
- Beach - Take a picnic, a bottle of wine and a rug and spend the day catching the sun together. Or you could take a dip together, all that splashing is bound to be great fun.
- Picnic by a river - Prepare a basket of goodies, a chilled bottle of wine and enjoy the day relaxing in each other's company.
- The movies - Let your date choose the film. It will show good gesture if you don't have the same taste in films.
- Theme park - Big or small, everybody loves theme parks. Triple loop roller coasters, dodgems, candy floss..... the ideal date for the big kid in us all.
- Eat in - Show off your culinary skills and ask them round for dinner. Don't over do the candles and music or you may frighten them away.
- Indoor ice skating - or roller blading in the park. You can lean against each other for balance and warmth.
- A sporting activity that you both like - take your pick!
- Kite flying - My partner and I did this a few years back. It wasn't our first date but it was one of the best days we have ever spent together.
- A trip to the zoo - Everyone likes animals so a trip to the zoo makes for a perfect date.
- Local museum or art gallery - This is only a good idea if you are both interested in museums.
Expensive date ideas
- Go to a concert - Take them to see their favourite band in concert and dance the night away.
- Go for an expensive meal - Have her serenaded by one of the waiters with a bottle of champagne and a dozen red roses.
- Horse back riding - Take a trip to the nearest horse farm. Spend the afternoon horse riding and stopping to take in the scenery and take afternoon tea or lunch in a local pub.
- Candle lit dinner for two aboard a yacht - Take her out to sea. Put on the full works, captain on board, champagne on ice and lobsters for dinner.
- Take in a show - Get dressed up for the evening and go to watch one of your favourite shows at a theatre. Or go to the premier of a big blockbuster movie.
- Horse drawn carriage at night - Take a trip around the city and through the park on a horse drawn carriage. Have it take you to a swanky restaurant and wait while you dine.
- Under the sea - Go scuba diving.
- Take to the sky - Go for a trip in a hot air balloon.
- Fly her to Paris and back - Take in all the sights that Paris has to offer. Finish the date with an expensive meal in one of the swanky restaurants in Paris.
- On top of the world - Prepare a basket of caviar, prawn cocktail, strawberries and cream and champagne on ice and take to the skies. Well, the top of the highest building you can get to.
Extravagant date ideas
- A trip to New York for the weekend - Fly her to New York and back in a weekend. This is the ultimate first date destination (especially if she's not been before!.)
- Helicopter ride - Go for a flight over a city in a helicopter.
- We're in the money - Dress up to the nines and go blow a fortune in a top casino.
- Parachute jump - Take to the sky for the high of a lifetime. This is cannot be a surprise date unless you are sure your date likes the idea.
- Climb to the top of the world - Go mountain climbing on a clear summer's day. Don't forget the flag for when you reach the top.
- Go swimming with dolphins - This has to be the ultimate experience of a lifetime and if you aim to impress this is the way to do it.
- Para-gliding - Take to the sea, have lunch then the sky's the limit.
- Eating in - Hire a top chef and waiting staff and have them round to your place for a meal they won't forget.